|Welcome to the REASON listserve! The purpose of R.E.A.S.O.N. (Rationalists, Empiricists, And Skeptics Of Nebraska) is to promote critical thinking. This list serve is used
to facilitate the activities of REASON. It also serves as a forum for critical inquiry and rational analysis on topics that may be of interest to REASON members. Be forewarned that this tends to be a
highly active forum! To maintain a quality forum with a minimum of inconsequential postings (and inbox "floods,") please adhere to the following guidelines:
Again, WELCOME. We "reasonaires" are always pleased to welcome another voice to the cause of reason. Please feel free to introduce yourself and make your presence here known."
- If your communication would be more appropriately sent to individuals rather than the whole group, please do so.
- Make good use of the "subject" indicator. If a train of thought is taking a twist, please indicate the changed subject. Many REASON members must be discriminating in choosing
what postings to peruse. (It is not considered rude to "delete" a posting without reading it if the subject does not interest you.)
- Give well considered thought to your postings; strive to maintain a high standard of quality information and analyses.
- Courteous and respectful discourse is expected. Remember that this is a somewhat public and porous forum with many participants--representing a wide range of age, education,
occupation, interests, and opinions.
- If you have problems, contact the listserve moderator. He can help with technical problems and has the authority to issue friendly "reminders" of these guidelines to individuals
or the group if he deems it appropriate. In rare instances, if a participant repeatedly and blatantly ignores these guidelines; or it becomes apparent that the intent is to obstruct the purpose of this
forum, an offender may be removed from this listserve.